Batla(Spinach Souffle)

Saturday, June 5, 2010


Hi Every one
This is also my tang Special and have never heard about this dish only from my family and I am a major fan of Batla.I guess it is a Bhawalpuri dish but I used to enjoy a lot when my mom used to make while I used to come down from my college/hostel every month.I used to have bowls n bowls and hubby also likes it.Hope you enjoy it too..

Ingredients
1 can/2 cups spinach
1 cup curd
2 tbsp besan gram flour
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 pinch heeng
1/2 inch garlic
1/2 inch ginger
2 cut green chillies
1/2 tbsp chilli powder
1 tbsp amchoor pwder
2 tbsp desi ghee

Process
Mix sppinach curd and besan .Use blender to crush spinach and keep it for 20 mins.
Heat oil in a pan.Put cuminseeds and hing.After sputtering put ginger,chillies and garlic .After they turn brown, pour the spinach cud mixture.Boil for 15 mins and add ghee if required.Serve with Roti.

0 comments:

Post a Comment