Bhutte ka Kees

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hi Everyone
I did my college from Indore and food from Indore especially from Ankita and Nidhi's (my marwari freinds and my bestest freinds for life)made me a real fan of Indori Food.BeitBhutte ka Kees, Jirawan,Matar Patties and other food from Sarafa and Chappan Dukaan just reminds me of my beautiful young college days.So Bhutte ka kees is one of the delicacies which I never has anywhere so I love it...I hope you enjoy it too.

Ingredients:
Corn ears: 4
Green chillies: 2
Ginger: a half inch piece
Chickpea flour (besan): 2-3 teaspoons
Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon
Red chilly powder: ½ teaspoon
Coriander powder: ¼ teaspoon
Clove (laung): 3
Mustard seeds: ½ teaspoon
Oil: 2 teaspoons
Ghee: 1 teaspoon
Coriander (cilantro) leaves: a handful chopped fine
Dry coconut flakes (grated khopra): 1 tablespoon
Lemon: 1

Process
Grate Corn Cob leaving the centre hard part, Right Sweet Corn gives out loads of juice. (It looks yummy)
Once Ghee is heated Kadhai, Put Mustard Seeds,cumin seeds once done with spluttering put Ginger ,Green chilies and Curry leaves.
Put the grated corn and sauté it in the ghee for some time.
If it starts sticking to Kadhai, pour the milk along with turmeric ,coconut powder and salt.
Mix it properly. Let it cook with cover for about ten minutes, it looks fluffy when done. Garnish with coriander if required.

0 comments:

Post a Comment